4 Ways to Calm Anxious Thought
In today’s ever-changing, fast-paced world, we’re faced with a variety of responsibilities and stress on a daily basis – there’s no escaping it! For many, it can be difficult to cope with everyday situations and experience peace, calm and happiness. See if any of these questions apply to you:
- Do you often feel overwhelmed?
- Is it difficult to relax?
- Does your mind race with anxious or stressful thoughts?
- Do you find yourself being irritable with those around you?
- Is it hard to handle life’s ups and downs?
If so, you are not alone!
When you calm your mind, you’re much less likely to overreact to the inevitable frustrations of life AND you can begin to experience clarity, happiness and a sense of wellbeing.
Much easier said than done, though, right?
Some of the tools that can help you cope with daily stress are things like exercising, eating right, getting plenty of sleep, meditating, and nurturing relationships with positive people. However, adding a supplement containing nutrients that help act as the biochemical “brakes” your brain needs to slow down your anxious or fretful thoughts can be a huge help.
As you will learn in this short video featuring Dr. Amen and BrainMD’s Chief Science Officer, Dr. Parris Kidd, BrainMD Health’s GABA Calming Support [insert link] is made up of several potent nutrients that support a healthy response to everyday stress and promote relaxation and a tranquil body and mind, naturally.
“Taming your anxious thoughts is integral to good quality of life. GABA Calming Support supports your body’s own mechanisms for achieving a calm, relaxed state.”– Daniel G. Amen, MD
Here’s what you get with GABA Calming Support:
- GABA – Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) is an amino acid and neurotransmitter widely distributed throughout the brain that regulates brain excitability by inhibiting excessive firing of neurons, resulting in a sense of calm. Supplementing with GABA can help flip the “off” switch on worrisome, ruminating thoughts by supporting the body’s natural mechanism for quieting the mind. Additionally, GABA has mild relaxation properties and can enhance mood and support sleep.
- Lemon Balm – a member of the mint family and has been used as a medicinal herb in Southern Europe for many years. It has been attributed as a calming agent with mild sedative effects and is often used to reduce anxiety and stress. Research suggests that lemon balm may inhibit GABA transaminase, the main enzyme that breaks down GABA, therefore ensuring the brain maintains a healthy supply.
- Magnesium – Known as “the relaxation mineral,” magnesium plays an important role in muscle relaxation, energy production, and the de-activation of adrenaline. Research suggests that magnesium’s calming properties are enhanced when taken with Vitamin B6. Magnesium may also help to correct stress-causing nutrient deficiencies.
- Vitamin B6 – Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) is a water-soluble vitamin essential in the production of such critical neurotransmitters as serotonin, epinephrine, norepinephrine, GABA – which help improve mood — and melatonin, a hormone that supports your natural body clock. It is required by the nervous system and is needed for normal brain function as well as DNA synthesis.
Stay calm, cool and even-keeled with BrainMD Health’s GABA Calming Support.