Improve Mood and Movement with SAMe
Do you ever feel:
- Short on energy?
- That your body isn’t working the way you’d like it to?
- Less than fully positive about life?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may consider trying SAMe.
SAMe (S-Adenosyl-Methionine. Pronounced “sammy”) is a naturally-occurring, hard-working molecule that is found in almost every tissue and fluid in the body. It is organically produced in our bodies from the amino acid methionine in the presence of the cofactors B12 and folate, and is critical to brain and body health.
Healthy levels of SAMe support both mental well-being and healthy joints as SAMe plays a role in the synthesis of:
- Neurotransmitters, critical to proper brain function
- Melatonin, important to healthy sleep rhythms and outlook
- Phospholipids, a major component of cell membranes
- Polyamines, a manager of cellular growth
Additionally, it plays a key role in the biological process called methylation.
Methylation is a key process that is essential for almost all of your body systems and it occurs billions of times every second. It helps repair your DNA on a daily basis, controls unhealthy compounds that can damage blood vessels, helps recycle molecules that are needed for detoxification, helps maintain your mood, and keeps inflammation in check.
And without SAMe, there could be no methylation as we know it.
Normal aging, certain medications, toxins, daily stress, and various nutritional inadequacies in your diet (like poor protein intake) can deplete the body’s SAMe reserves and diminish the body’s production of SAMe.
Watch this short video featuring Dr. Amen and BrainMD Health’s Chief Science Officer, Dr. Parris Kidd, to learn more about the ways in which BrainMD Health’s SAMe Mood and Movement 400 promotes positive mood and emotional balance, enhances energy levels, and supports joint health and movement.
SAMe has been intensively researched for over half a century. Numerous controlled clinical trials support its benefits for mood, cognition, the joints, the liver, the gastrointestinal system, and the other organs.
Supplementing with the blister-packed tablets in SAMe Mood & Movement provides the S,S form of SAMe preferred by our enzymes, and helps ensure the body will have adequate SAMe for its needs.
- Tips from a Pro: Here’s How to Play “Brain Smart” Golf - April 14, 2022
- How to Be Less Stressed & Feel Happier Each Day - May 22, 2020
- 7 Ways to Help Your Kids Thrive While Staying at Home - April 17, 2020