Few of us have been untouched by injury, whether on the sports field, in a car accident, falling off a bicycle, or in the course of military service. While the consequences of a concussion are not always immediately apparent, they can range from debilitating to devastating. In fact, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) is fast becoming a national health crisis, with millions of Americans visiting emergency rooms with a TBI each year. But there are proven, effective steps for healing.
In this groundbreaking book, Dr. Kabran Chapek describes in detail the programs and protocols he uses at the Amen Clinics to put patients on a pathway to recovery. For anyone struggling with the effects of concussion, Concussion Rescue guides you through strategies from the cutting edge of brain science:
* Find out what treatments should be employed within the first few hours, days, or weeks of suffering a concussion
* Build a diet and supplement plan that energizes your brain and promotes neurological healing
* Learn specific brain exercises and brain games that can alleviate problems with focus and concentration
* Discover which specific types of exercise can speed recovery—and how exercise affects the brain in general
* Correct sleep problems to detoxify the brain and release essential hormones that aid in healing
With a foreword by renowned psychiatrist and brain health expert Dr. Daniel Amen, Concussion Rescue provides the tools for recovery from mild to severe traumatic brain injury. Whether you or someone you love is among the many individuals suffering from a TBI, here is hope and help.