From the Amen Clinics, America’s frontline resource for brain health and treatment of brain injury, comes the most comprehensive and myth-busting guide yet on marijuana use and its effects on the brain—including how to effectively talk to young people about recreational marijuana use.
For more than 25 years, the renowned Amen Clinics has been a frontline resource for brain health.
...NOW they TACKLE all your questions about how marijuana affects your brain—and the brain of your child.
Since marijuana became legal in many states, people of all ages are using it for pain relief and treatment of a variety of illnesses and ailments. But is it safe? In this comprehensive book, renowned psychiatrist and licensed prescriber of medical marijuana Dr. Rebecca Siegel delivers the most complete guide yet about the benefits and risks of using marijuana today. Based on the latest scientific research, this easy-to-read book busts all the myths and helps you navigate the sometimes confusing and often-changing world of marijuana. Within these pages you’ll discover a wealth of invaluable information, including:
Why medical marijuana is vastly different than CBD and recreational marijuana—especially when it comes to children and teenagers
• Why medical marijuana is vastly different than CBD and recreational marijuana—especially when it comes to children and teenagers
• Evidence-based information on how cannabis is being used to treat an array of ailments and conditions
• The difference between various marijuana delivery systems, including edibles
• Why those who may be genetically vulnerable to psychiatric disorder, including depression and anxiety, should exercise caution when using marijuana
• How to talk to teens or young adults about recreational marijuana use in a way that brings you closer
• How marijuana affects mood, productivity, and overall brain health
• Long-term vs. short-term risks for teens, adults, and older adults
With a foreword by renowned psychiatrist and brain health expert Dr. Daniel Amen, The Brain on Cannabis reveals everything you ever wanted to know about marijuana so you can make informed decisions for yourself—and your loved ones.
In The Relentless Courage of a Scared Child: How Persistence, Grit, and Faith Created a Reluctant Healer, Tana Amen shares her incredible story of transformation—of growing up in poverty, a bullied latch-key kid raised on sugary cereal and junk food, to becoming a world-renowned food and fitness expert.
Her challenging past of neglect, poverty, sexual abuse, thyroid cancer, and bouts of anxiety and depression set her on a path to find healing. Through her remarkable journey, we see more clearly the light that can shine through our own broken places and ultimately heal us: body, mind, and soul.
At once tragic and heartwarming, Tana’s story integrates cutting-edge psychology and proven wellness techniques from the Amen Clinics in a moving exploration of the healing available to each one of us, no matter the pain in our past.
"What a journey! With in-your-face honesty, Tana reveals how she was able to turn her pain into purpose. For anyone who has been faced with unspeakable loss, this message is so important."
— Jay Shetty, #1 New York Times bestselling author of Think Like a Monk, storyteller, purpose coach, and former monk