It’s estimated that your brain has as many as one hundred billion nerve cells, with each one connected to other cells by thousands of individual connections. They communicate using electrical signals and messenger chemicals called neurotransmitters (or just transmitters).
More important than the activity of any one transmitter system is the overall balance between all the systems in the brain. When your brain transmitters are balanced, you may think more clearly, feel happier, and experience greater well-being. But when your transmitters are out of balance, you may experience difficulties in many areas of your life.
Brain Circuit Basics
Our brain uses circuits (collections of nerve cells) to manage our information processing, cognition, behavior, and emotions. A circuit can have millions or even billions of nerve cells (neurons), finely tuned to communicate with each other and to influence each other’s electrical activity. Neurons communicate via connections (synapses), which are driven by transmitters.
Typically, each neuron makes one type of transmitter that it releases across synapses to influence the neuron “downstream” from each synapse. Each neuron can have a thousand or more upstream and downstream partners. These complex networks use one-directional transmitter releases to unite their thousands of neurons into individual functional circuits.
Is Your Brain’s Symphony In Tune?
Circuits driven by one transmitter type also make synaptic connections with circuits driven by other transmitters, creating complex yet harmonious patterns of electrical activity that have been compared to the music of a symphony. And like a symphony, the brain’s circuits must stay in tune for the mind to be balanced, happy, and productive.
Nutrients for Brain Harmony
Our mental state is affected greatly by our brain transmitter chemistry. Some people have a consistently sunny outlook on life, while others struggle to remain positive and even-tempered from day-to-day.
One of the best ways to achieve better balance is with high-purity, brain-healthy supplements. If you find yourself having negative thoughts or if you feel that your stress levels have nearly reached the breaking point, BrainMD offers a range of powerful supplements for calm and relaxation that can help turn your day around.
These brain-directed supplements have been formulated with the highest quality ingredients to help you feel calm, content, and able to keep your mental focus.
One product we’re particularly proud to recommend is…
NeuroLink Powder broadly supports emotional and behavioral health. By promoting a variety of transmitter actions, it maintains healthy brain chemistry, which in turn promotes positive outlook, relaxation, and mental focus.
NeuroLink Powder provides nutrients that occur naturally in the brain and are essential for keeping its circuits working in harmony. These nutrients help the brain sustain sufficiently high transmitter levels to keep in healthy balance.
Wide Range of Benefits
Beyond their support of transmitter actions, the nutrients in NeuroLink Powder benefit both brain and body. They help produce myelin, an outer insulation necessary for the neurons to efficiently conduct electricity.
The nutrients in NeuroLink Powder support vital survival, maintenance, and specialized functions in the body. They also contribute to the healthy functioning of the thyroid gland, the adrenals, liver, digestive, skin, and other organ systems.
6 Calming Nutrients to Keep Your Brain Balanced
1. Vitamin B6 – as pyridoxine and pyridoxal-5-phosphate, both very efficiently absorbed and utilized. B6 is essential for at least 100 enzymes that help the brain make the key transmitters dopamine, serotonin, GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid), norepinephrine, and glutamate. The neurons, and their support cells, also need B6 to make their myelin insulation.
2. L-Tyrosine – an amino acid required to produce two transmitters: dopamine and norepinephrine, which then can be further converted to the transmitter and hormone epinephrine (aka adrenaline). The thyroid gland also needs tyrosine to make the hormone thyroxine, and the skin needs it to make melanin. Having adequate quantities of tyrosine in the brain promotes mental clarity, particularly when under stress.
3. GABA – an amino acid that is a calming transmitter, inhibits excessive firing of neurons in the brain. GABA can help flip the “off” switch on overactive circuits and thereby enhance quieting of the mind along with easy transition into sleep.
4. L-Glutamine – an amino acid that the neurons and their support cells convert either to the excitatory transmitters glutamate and/or aspartate, or to GABA. Glutamine also can improve the health of the intestinal lining.
5. L-Taurine – an amino acid that reinforces GABA’s calming effects. Taurine is concentrated in electrically active tissues such as the heart, retina of the eye, and brain. It helps protect against calcium overactivity, which can kill brain cells.
6. 5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan) – an amino acid that neurons can readily convert into serotonin when they have the necessary vitamin B6 available. Serotonin circuits widely influence other transmitter circuits to promote a positive mood. By enabling serotonin production, 5-HTP also promotes the production of melatonin, our sleep hormone.
NeuroLink Powder FAQ
How do I take NeuroLink Powder?
Each scoop (3.8 grams) of NeuroLink Powder is equivalent to 4 NeuroLink capsules and has identical ingredients and amounts. Mix one serving into water and consume between meals, preferably on an empty stomach. Do not exceed two scoops (7.6 grams) per day.
Can children take NeuroLink Powder?
NeuroLink Powder can be very beneficial for children with behavioral or emotional issues, but its administration should be directed by a physician. For details, please contact BrainMD.
Can I use NeuroLink Powder if I’m taking an antidepressant medication?
If currently taking antidepressant or monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor medications, only use NeuroLink Powder under the supervision of a physician.
Does this supplement contain allergens?
NeuroLink Powder is free from dairy, gluten, sugar, corn, soy, eggs, nuts, yeast, and artificial colorings or flavorings. It is suitable for vegans.
NeuroLink Powder provides an exclusive blend of nutrients that can help you relax, maintain a positive mood, and keep your mental focus. It broadly supports your emotional and behavioral health by helping your neurotransmitters stay in balance.
At BrainMD, we’re dedicated to providing the highest purity nutrients and standardized herbal ingredients to support your overall well-being. For more information about NeuroLink Powder and our full list of supplements, please visit us at BrainMD.
- How to Avoid Family Drama During the Holidays - November 25, 2020
- Helpful Ways to Cope with Grief and Loss During Hard Times - November 23, 2020
- What Are the Best Ways to Promote Testosterone Levels? - November 20, 2020