4 of the Best Ways to Improve Stress and Mood
We all experience stress. (True)
All stress is bad. (False)
Contrary to popular belief, not all stress is bad. A little bit of stress is actually good because it can motivate you to meet your goals. Low level stress can also help you with resilience, problem solving and adapting to everyday challenges.
Stress becomes a problem when it’s intense, recurring, or remains unresolved over a sustained period. At that point, stress takes a toll and can become harmful to your health. Too much stress can:
- Produce fear, anxiousness, worry, irrational excitement, and avoidance
- Decrease your overall brain function
- Create hormone imbalances
- Cause inappropriate eating, which can result in weight gain
- Make you more vulnerable to physical illness
Unfortunately, when people have too much stress in their life, they often turn to unhealthy ways of dealing with it; such as using alcohol, illicit drugs, or food to feel better. However, these choices can end up doing more harm than good in the long-term.
Stress and Mood
Often, there’s a correlation between being stressed out and experiencing anxious thoughts or bouts of low mood. Many times stress doesn’t just negatively affect your mood, though that can become the most visible side effect. Stress also can adversely impact the way your brain and body work, so it’s important to try to manage your stress.
If you find yourself having negative or anxious thoughts or notice that your stress levels have gotten out of hand, we offer a range of powerful supplements to improve stress and mood. These stress-fighting supplements have been formulated with the highest-quality nutrients and ingredients to help you feel calm, content, and able to manage stress or mental strain.
Everyday Stress Relief
To stay healthy in today’s fast-paced world, you need to be resilient to stress. Everyday Stress Relief helps replenish your brain and body’s nutrients that can be depleted during times of increased stress. It includes herbal extracts clinically proven to have calming and anti-stress effects, helping to ease anxiousness without causing sleepiness. This formula helps you cope with apprehension, tension, worry, and fatigue. It includes:
- Magnesium – magnesium is a mineral important for calm, balanced and mentally focused demeanor. It also counters irritability and anxiousness.
- Taurine – a nutrient classified as conditionally-essential because some people need it from their diet, taurine has versatile benefits for electrical transmission in the brain. It also supports the adrenal glands, which are crucial for coping with stress.
- Holy Basil – holy basil (Ocimum sanctum, also called Tulsi), is revered both in Europe and the East for improving adaptation to occasional anxiety, feelings of exhaustion, forgetfulness and other problems related to stress.
- L-theanine – derived from green tea, l-theanine reduces tension and promotes rest without diminishing alertness.
- Relora® – a unique mix of two herbs (Magnolia officinalis and Phellodendron amurense) that can enhance healthy management of the stress hormone cortisol while easing tension, anger, negative mood, and confusion.
This safe, non-sedating, and non-habit-forming formula combines the multiple beneficial actions of these well-studied herbs and nutrients to help your brain and body cope with stress on multiple levels.
GABA Calming Support
GABA Calming Support is a unique combination of clinically proven ingredients that can help you cope with restlessness, irritability and other challenges associated with occasional anxiety. It contains ingredients that help your nerve cells respond better to GABA. This formula can help calm your racing thoughts to help prepare you for sleep; it doesn’t cause drowsiness, so it’s safe to take during the day. It includes:
- GABA – gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) is the body’s main calming neurotransmitter. By slowing the excessive firing of neurons, it supports the body’s natural mechanisms for quieting the mind and gradually falling asleep.
- L-Theanine – working mainly by way of GABA receptors on nerve cells, this unique amino acid can have calming and relaxing effects while preserving mental focus.
- Lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) – a member of the mint family that has been used as a medicinal herb for over 2000 years, lemon balm increases GABA activity in the brain as well as the activity of acetylcholine, a major neurotransmitter that promotes mental focus.
- Magnesium – sometimes called the relaxation mineral, magnesium plays important roles in mind and body relaxation, the calming of racing thoughts, and in promoting overall sleep quality. Research suggests that magnesium’s calming effects are enhanced by vitamin B6.
Vitamin B6 – also known as pyridoxine and pyridoxal-5-phosphate, vitamin B6 helps the brain produce the neurotransmitter serotonin, which helps promote relaxation and enhance your mood.
GABA Calming Support can help facilitate the production of calming brain waves, correct stress-causing nutritional deficiencies, and promote relaxation.
Proper neurotransmitter balance is essential for healthy brain function. BrainMD’s NeuroLink supports a diverse array of such key transmitters as adrenaline, noradrenaline, dopamine, serotonin, GABA, and glutamate. This formula provides an exclusive blend of nutrients that can help you maintain a positive mood, keep your focus, and deal with stressful challenges by helping your transmitters stay in balance. It includes:
- L-Tyrosine – an amino acid required to produce the neurotransmitters dopamine, epinephrine, and norepinephrine. Your brain and adrenal glands need tyrosine to promote mental clarity during times of stress.
- GABA (Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid) – an amino acid transmitter that regulates the excitability of nerve circuits across the brain, GABA is the brain’s main calming neurotransmitter.
- L-Glutamine – an amino acid important for nerve cells to make glutamate, a transmitter present in 80 percent of the brain’s nerve cells, as well as the calming transmitter GABA.
- L-Taurine – this amino acid helps stabilize nerve cell energy generation and electrical activity while also protecting against calcium overload. Taurine promotes healthy blood flow to the brain, is a powerful antioxidant, and is essential for the health of every cell in the body.
- 5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan) – a derivative of the amino acid tryptophan, 5-HTP is readily converted to serotonin in the brain. It helps maintain mental and emotional balance, can reduce occasional feelings of anxiety, supports behavioral self-control, promotes calm and relaxation, and facilitates better quality sleep.
NeuroLink can help balance your brain transmitters so you can think more clearly, feel happier, and experience greater well-being.
Serotonin Mood Support
Taking BrainMD’s Serotonin Mood Support can help correct stress-related nutritional deficiencies, promote positive mood, and help curb emotional eating. It can help you handle the ups and downs of life with more composure. This formula regulates important brain neurotransmitter systems to positively influence mood. It includes:
- 5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan) – besides being readily converted to serotonin, 5-HTP may also increase brain activity of dopamine, which is regulated by serotonin and also associated with positive mood.
- Vitamin B6 – vitamin B6 is needed by the enzyme that converts 5-HTP to serotonin. It is essential for the body to utilize proteins, fats and carbs.
- Methylfolate – methylfolate is the most active form of the folate vitamin, which is crucial for maintaining positive mood. Methylfolate is pre-activated folate and is better utilized than folic acid, which is a manufactured substance not found in nature.
- Vitamin B12 as Methyl-cobalamin – the body’s most readily-utilized vitamin B12, not cyano-cobalamin which contains toxic cyanide. This formula has sufficient methyl-B12, which backs up methylfolate in the brain and other organs, to ensure neurotransmitter balance favorable to healthy mood.
- Saffron – the world’s most expensive spice, saffron has a long history of being used to induce happiness and has consistently improved mood, stress, and other mental functions in many clinical trials.
Lifestyle habits such as mind-body relaxation techniques, healthy dietary routines and daily use of Serotonin Mood Support, can help you maintain mental sharpness and an even mood throughout the day.
At BrainMD, we’re committed to promoting, optimizing, and supporting brain health naturally. Using the most rigorous criteria for selecting the highest quality nutrients, we offer a line of ultra-pure, brain-directed, and clinical strength supplements that can improve stress and mood.
For more information about our stress and mood products, and our full catalog of supplements, please visit us at BrainMD.
Keith is grateful to have the opportunity to write about supplements since many of them have made a dramatic difference in his life. He is often heard around the office saying, “We have supplements for that.”
Latest posts by Keith Rowe (see all)
- 8 Healthy Halloween Treats Your Kids Will Love (Non-Candy) - October 21, 2019
- Is Dark Chocolate Really Good for Your Brain? - October 14, 2019
- 10 of the Best Natural Cold and Flu Remedies - October 7, 2019