Multivitamin Surpises- 4 Things that Aren’t Average
According to recent studies, more than 50 percent of Americans do not eat at least five servings of fruits and vegetables a day, the minimum required to get the nutrition you need. I recommend that all of my patients take a high-quality multivitamin/mineral complex every day.
In an editorial in the Journal of the American Medical Association, researchers recommended a daily vitamin for everybody because it helps prevent chronic illness. Plus, research suggests that people who take a multiple vitamin actually have younger looking DNA.
A 2010 study from Northumbria University tested their effects on 215 men between the ages of thirty and fifty-five. For the double-blind, placebo-controlled study, the men were tested on mental performance and asked to rate themselves on general mental health, stress, and mood. At the debut of the trial, there were no significant differences between the multivitamin group and the placebo group. When the participants were retested a little over one month later, the multivitamin group reported improved moods and showed better mental performance, helping participants be happier and smarter! Not only that, the multivitamin group reported an improved sense of vigor, reduced stress, and less mental fatigue after completing mental tasks.
Another placebo-controlled study from Northumbria researchers tested the effects of multivitamins on eighty-one healthy children aged eight to fourteen. They found that the children who took multivitamins performed better on two out of three attention tasks. The researchers concluded that multivitamins have the potential to improve brain function in healthy children.
BrainMD Health’s NeuroVite Plus combines more than 50 nutrients and plant extracts in their most active forms to give you whole body-mind nutrition in a way that drugstore multivitamins cannot do. Additionally, NeuroVite Plus is the ONLY multivitamin available which contains Dr. Amen’s proprietary Brain Boosting Blend.
This combination of brain directed nutrients were included to help support mitochondrial function, antioxidant levels, healthy blood sugar regulation, proper cell membrane maintenance, and assist in the generation of cellular energy.
Dr. Amen developed this potent blend to further promote optimal brain function and help the aging brain. Here’s what you get:
- PhosphatidylSerine (PS), the brain nutrient best documented for improving memory, is most abundant in the trillions of synapses where the brain’s nerve cells interconnect.
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine (ALC) fuels energy generation by the mitochondria, but also supplies acetyl groups that help the brain make the important neurotransmitter acetylcholine. ALC and its acetyl groups are also used by brain cells to help regulate their gene activity.
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid (ALA) is a major energy cofactor, naturally built into the structure of three key energy enzymes that are very active in the brain cells but also active in every other cell of the body. ALA is also a powerful antioxidant.
- Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is an essential cofactor for energy generation in the body, via the mitochondria’s electron transfer enzymes. These are constantly at work in all our cells but are most active in the brain to supply its huge energy demands.
Under today’s intense pressures we have to actively work to conserve and improve our mental functions. The fast-growing body of neuroscience research proves that the human brain is always working to improve, and that literally by changing your brain you can change your life. We are committed to helping you transform your life for the better by focusing on improving the health of your brain.
“NeuroVite Plus helps us mind the gap of any nutritional vulnerabilities we may have. I take it and recommend it to all my patients.” – Daniel G. Amen, MD
- Tips from a Pro: Here’s How to Play “Brain Smart” Golf - April 14, 2022
- How to Be Less Stressed & Feel Happier Each Day - May 22, 2020
- 7 Ways to Help Your Kids Thrive While Staying at Home - April 17, 2020