Maximize Your Productivity with These 5 Natural Nootropics for Focus
Perhaps you’ve heard the term nootropics.
It’s often used to describe natural or synthetic compounds that are thought to have a positive effect on energy, memory, and overall brain function.
Many people may not be aware that they use a popular nootropic every day.
The Caffeine Conundrum
As a “natural” stimulant, caffeine is a type of nootropic.
Although caffeine can help increase focus and energy, it also can lead to an energy crash (when infused with sugar) and sleep issues (especially if consumed later in the day). Depending on your body chemistry, you may end up feeling fatigued or moody when the caffeine wears off.
Also, excessive caffeine consumption may constrict blood flow to your brain and many other organs.
One cup of coffee probably won’t cause major issues, but more than 3-4 cups a day may create serious health problems.
Fortunately, many nootropics don’t have the same negative side effects as caffeine.
Types of Nootropics
There are 3 major categories of nootropics: prescription drugs, synthetic substances, and dietary supplements. Those looking to support their brain and body naturally will probably want to steer clear of the first two on the list and focus on the latter.
The good news is that many supplements contain nootropic nutrients. However, many supplements that claim to be nootropics have fillers or poor-quality ingredients. That’s why it’s crucial to read labels before purchasing any dietary supplement.
Cautions of Nootropics
Opinions vary concerning the efficacy and safety of nootropics. It’s easy to claim a product can boost energy, focus, or memory, but there may be a placebo effect to consuming such products. Also, noticeable increases in cognitive functions may be due to a product’s sugar or caffeine content, which may be masked by a natural ingredient like l-theanine?
Aside from these cautions, there are also many benefits of nootropics.
Benefits of Nootropics
Though there may be a gap between what a nootropic claims and what it delivers, some of the purported benefits of nootropics include improved:
So, what are some of the natural nootropic nutrients that can help improve your focus and energy?
5 Natural Nootropics to Increase Your Focus & Energy
1. Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera, root/leaves) is a well-known herb that’s been used for centuries in Ayurvedic medicine. It’s an adaptogen that supports the body’s healthy response to stress by promoting calm and overall mental focus.* In addition, ashwagandha has been associated with improved memory and attention.*
2. Asian Ginseng (Panax ginseng) is a potent adaptogen and is the best-studied and fastest acting of all the ginsengs. This standardized extract contains naturally occurring ginsenosides, which play a role in improving focus, sharpening memory, and supporting overall well-being.* Ginseng promotes the release of nitric oxide, which opens blood vessels and improves blood flow to the brain and muscles.*
3. Choline is a nutrient now recognized as essential for human life. It’s involved in the formation of acetylcholine, a major neurotransmitter that plays an important role in mental function.* Choline enhances focus, supports healthy memory, and promotes calm.*
4. Green Tea Extract comes from the green tea plant (Camellia sinensis). The tea derived from its leaves is a staple beverage enjoyed daily by millions of people around the world. Among its many health benefits, green tea supports healthy blood vessels and helps increase blood flow to the brain.*
5. Rhodiola (Rhodiola rosea) is one of the best studied and most potent adaptogens. Rhodiola is fast-acting and has been shown to reduce fatigue, promote positive mood, and improve physical and mental performance.* This standardized extract provides the stress-fighting rosavins and salidrosides along with powerful antioxidants. It also helps increase the availability of energy during the day and promote restful sleep at night.*
All 5 of these proven, potent nutrients are included in BrainMD’s top-selling nootropic supplement…
BrainMD’s Focus & Energy: Natural Nootropic Supplement
Focus & Energy was designed to promote sharpness and improve productivity without lowering blood sugar.* It’s formulated specifically to reinforce the brain and body’s ability to fight fatigue and adapt to stress.*
Focus & Energy includes standardized, ultra-pure extracts of 3 powerful adaptogens: rhodiola, ashwagandha, and ginseng. Rounding out the formula is choline and standardized green tea extract.
Give yourself the mental clarity and sharpness you want without the caffeine.” – Dr. Daniel Amen
Sharpen Your Focus
If you’re looking to support your focus and increase your energy naturally, Focus & Energy is an excellent choice.* Unlike the energy rollercoaster you can experience with coffee or energy drinks, there’s no dramatic drop in mood and energy with this dietary supplement.*
Focus & Energy is safe, natural, and non-habit forming.*
Try it today!
Note: As with any medication or holistic treatment, it’s recommended that you consult with a nutritionally informed physician before trying nootropics. Also, the FDA doesn’t regulate nootropic supplements as closely as it does prescription medications.
If you notice any side effects to using a nootropic supplement, stop using the product and immediately contact a trusted healthcare professional.
At BrainMD, we’re dedicated to providing the highest purity nutrients to improve your physical health and overall well-being. For more information about Focus & Energy and our full list of brain healthy supplements, please visit us at BrainMD.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This content is for informational purposes only. It is not meant to substitute for medical or healthcare advice from a physician, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Consult your healthcare provider before beginning a new health regimen.
- This Is What You Need to Know About Serotonin and Happiness
Medically Reviewed by Dr. Nicole Avena - May 23, 2023
- Why Supplement Subscriptions Are the Future of Health and Wellness
Medically Reviewed by Dr. Nicole Avena - May 18, 2023
- Meet Vitamin D3 + K2: The Potent Pairing of Essential Vitamins You Need Daily
Medically Reviewed by Dr. Nicole Avena - May 15, 2023