Make Memory A Priority with Vitamins & More
Do you often forget where you left your car keys? Do you struggle to remember words, names, faces or numbers?
Maybe you’re finding it more and more difficult to keep up with conversations…or you’ve forgotten important appointments…or you can’t make your favorite dish anymore because the recipe is too difficult to follow.
If one or more of the above examples apply to you, a parent or grandparent, it’s time to consider making memory a priority with vitamins and other nutrients that your brain needs in order to make and retrieve memories. Your future and the future of your loved ones depends on it.
In a fast-paced, high-stress society, many things can ruin your health and memory. Obesity, high blood pressure, heart disease, and eating a poor diet are all associated with an increased risk of catastrophic memory loss. With an ever-expanding elderly population in America, memory problems are posing serious emotional and financial challenges to our society.
Top 5 Methods for Improving Your Memory
1. Avoid Toxins
Smoking, alcohol and drug abuse all increase your risk for memory problems. Even one beer or glass of wine a day can damage your brain and make it toxic. Recent research demonstrates that smoking marijuana can negatively affect the hippocampus, the brain’s major memory center.
2. Memory Boosting Food
The Standard American Diet (SAD) is filled with foods that increase your risk for a variety of medical problems. It’s also associated with a smaller hippocampus, one of the major memory structures in the brain. Instead of eating foods saturated with refined carbohydrates and sugar, choose lean proteins, healthy fats, and lots of produce. Aim for a diet that’s 70 percent plant-based foods and 30 percent high-quality protein, with healthy fat mixed in.
3. Drink Your Vitamins
Rather than taking handfuls of capsules from stacks of vitamin bottles, get a big dose of memory-boosting power from Bright Minds Memory Powder. This robust formula of 34 nutrients the brain needs is a highly concentrated, memory-targeting daily supplement system. With carefully crafted and clinically proven ingredients, Bright Minds Memory Powder is a tasty, citrus-flavored drink mix that can be added to water, juice or even a fruit smoothie. The potent mix of vitamins, minerals, conditionally essential nutrients, and related plant nutrients in Bright Minds Memory Powder can:
- Enhance Blood Delivery – The better the brain’s circulation, the more oxygen and nutrients it can receive to support memory all through life. Ginkgo, resveratrol, lutein, zeaxanthin, CoQ10, as well as vitamins and minerals in this powder, promote healthy blood flow to the brain.
- Boost Energy – The brain weighs just 2-3 pounds, yet it uses at least 20 percent of all the body’s energy. PS (PhosphatidylSerine), acetylcarnitine, B vitamins, magnesium, chromium, alpha-lipoic acid, CoQ10 and other nutraceuticals in this formula provide the building blocks for energizing memory processes.
- Promote Brain Connectivity – The brain’s trillions of nerve cell connections (called synapses) rely on PS for their electrical activity. The numerous antioxidants in Bright Minds help protect these synapses against damage. Additionally, methylfolate, methyl-vitamin B12, choline, and other methyl support nutrients in the formula support synapse maintenance and protect the brain against damage from homocysteine buildup.
- Improve Neurotransmitter Support – Neurotransmitters are the chemical messengers that travel across synapses in the brain and knit together the tens of billions of nerve cells. Huperzine A, acetylcarnitine and choline promote the pathways that rely on acetylcholine, a key memory transmitter. PS, Vitamin D3, all the B vitamins, magnesium and other minerals support the production, release, and synapse actions of multiple neurotransmitter systems across the brain.
4. Keep Your Brain Clean
The brain has a special waste management system to help eliminate toxins that build up during the day, possibly including the amyloid plaques thought to be responsible for serious memory loss. It’s believed that during the day, your brain is so busy managing your life that this cleaning system is pretty much turned off. Without sufficient healthy sleep, the cleaning crew doesn’t have enough time to do their job and trash builds up, contributing to brain fog and memory problems. This makes getting 7-9 hours of sleep each night absolutely vital.
5. Jog Your Memory
Literally. Physical activity increases blood flow to your whole body, including your brain, and helps keep your memory sharp. Exercise delivers extra oxygen to the brain and can also stimulate the growth of new cells and blood vessels in the brain.
At BrainMD, we’re committed to promoting, optimizing, and supporting brain health naturally. Your memory is what allows you to treasure and revisit the most special moments in your life. Make it a priority to fortify your brain with the dozens of nutrients that can help strengthen, and even restore, some of the memories you’ve lost.
To learn more about the brain-healthy supplements that can help boost your memory, please visit our online store at BrainMD.
- 10 Ways to Support Your Spine & Relieve Back Pain - July 27, 2021
- What You Should Know Before You Get a Root Canal - July 15, 2021
- Here’s How to Look for Good Quality Drinking Water - July 6, 2021